Looking back...

Something doesn't feel right. I'll be writing the last exam at IIM Kozhikode tomorrow. Should I feel happy that it is finally over? Ideally I should. At least that is what I always wished since I came here. Funny how feelings change with time! One more farewell in the list of so many - Sainik School, ISM, Infosys, IIM. The moments of initial relief (once that week or fortnight or month sets in when you finally have to call it quit) last not very long. Very soon you want to do everything again - EVERYTHING. Going on long bike trips in and around Kerala, sitting and gossiping in Night Canteen, cribbing about the system, giving birthday bumps, fighting hostel wars, night outs for exams, endless cups of coffee etc. etc. The list is long. For some it would be longer. You wonder if you did all you could. Probably not. But where is the time to regret? There is not enough time for anything. You feel a void. You look at so many faces around you and you wonder whether they feel the same.
Yes, they do. They sure do.

Comments

  1. I can assure you atleast I feel the same.Beautifully written, couldnt have been expressed better. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best for the next innings !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Abhishek. All the best to you too.
    Yeah Rajni! I knew you would feel the same...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each and every one of these 'small' moments make me shudder - life is just too short!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed. It passes before you can lay your finger. But you surely know how to live life to the fullest!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts