Vets might fly

Reading James Herriot's Vets Might Fly... another from Vera's collection....


After my brief stint with (stray) dogs, I have come to believe that as humans we are very cruel.... too cruel and selfish to think of animals and our mother nature..... it gives you pleasure as much as it gives them when you caress a puppy or give her milk to drink and biscuits to eat.... sometimes you feel they have a lot to say and just because they can't they do things to show, to acknowledge.... they jump at you when they meet you, they run after your bike for as long as they can... I think all these are their way of showing that they love us too.... And believe me, if you really have to know whether you have a human side or not just try and see if you can feel for the things and beings which are not exactly human.....


18-Mar-2008


Completed Vets Might Fly.... nicely written book and it made me laugh at many instances.... Hilarious and very humane.... I liked it when in the course of story, Herriot kept going back to Helen - his wife.


 

Comments

Popular Posts