And Thereby Hangs A Tale by J. Archer

I had hoped that this short story collection by Jeffrey Archer would be on the lines of A Quiver Full of Arrows which had few very interesting twists here and there. But, after having completed the book, both wifey and I were of the same opinion that the book was just OK and much below our expectations. There were hardly any twists and most of the times the reader could easily guess just after going through initial one or two pages. Let me also say that I as a reader don't always expect twist in the stories especially when I'm reading the likes of James Herriot. But, Jeffery Archer builds up his stories in a way that the reader starts expecting a twist towards the end.

Also, few of the stories are star-marked as they are apparently true stories. But, I as a reader don't expect true stories from Archer. If I wish to read true stories I would rather buy a copy of Reader's Digest. Their stories appear far more true than those of Sir Jeffrey Archer.

Comments

Popular Posts